LORD OF THE APES
WANDERINGS THROUGH THE WORLD OF PRIMATES

Sunday, March 7

On Pubes

While glancing through the Scientific American site the other day while soaking up that article about the fate of the PhD, I saw a link to A Bushel of Facts About the Uniqueness of Human Pubic Hair, and my deeply rooted primatological instincts said, "Oooh pubic hair! You were just thinking about that in the field the other day when Aaron and Janny were copulating like mad! Click it! CLICK IT!"

A Bushel of Facts About the Uniqueness of Human Pubic Hair

Like many people, I ask myself continuously about some of life’s biggest mysteries. Why are we here? What is the meaning of life? Why do we have those strangely sparse, wiry little hairs growing around our genitals—hair that is singularly different from the all the other hair on our bodies? Fortunately, a group of leading-edge scientists have managed to put my mind to rest on at least one of these daunting existential questions. In recent years, it seems, researchers have made some tremendous advances in the study of pubic hair.

I didn't regret the click. Actually, I rarely do when my inner chimp speaks up to me in such ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment